So, it is official. We can put it in the books. We have the best clients in all the land!!! Check out some shots from our latest shoot at La Villita with the Pezina-Espino family for their upcoming wedding in May!
Here are some fun tips to achieving a successful photo shoot for you and your family:
1. Go through your family's wardrobe and see what you already have. No need to break the bank! You may be sitting on the perfect combination. It's just a matter of putting in the time to lay it out and piece together to puzzle.
2. Pick colors that you will be confident in. Pick a single color that you know goes will with you and your family, and go from there. It's easy to get overwhelmed with all the choices so make the process easier for yourself. Figure out what fits best.
3. Think of the big picture. Once you've picked one color, pick 2-3 colors that you want to stand out in the shoot. This gives you so much to play with in terms of solids, lines, patterns and prints. For example, the Pezina-Espinos chose a navy blue, coral and white color scheme. Sam (this gorgeous mom of two) decided to go bold with solid pairings. Her husband, Eddie, went with a fun plaid pattern to play with the colors in a different way. Their kids look on point with subtle incorporations of color into their outfits. Everything looks tied in together. Everyone has their own personality.
4. Accessorize! Add some fun detail to the shots by adding pops of color with jewelry, scarves, ties, etc. Also, fun props for the kids to hold work great. It's important to have the family engaged in the photo shoot. Having something that the whole family can focus in on or interact with helps a ton :)
5. Remember - timelessness. These photos are meant to stand the test of time. They'll be hanging over your mantel for years to come. When planning your outfits, think simple and classic.
6. But don't forget to tell a story! If there are items that define an era for you and your family, don't be afraid to use it. Especially if your story is the reason you're taking this photo shoot. For instance, if it is a big milestone in your child's life and they have something they've made or something that is significant to them, bring it along and have it be the centerpiece of some shots.
7. When in doubt, bring extras. Having extra outfits to fall back on can really help you feel comfortable and confident. Make sure that if it's a family shoot, that the outfit still coordinates with your family. And for the kids, it may be best to have extras in case there are any accidents.
There you have it y'all. Just some fun tips from Me & You Studios :) Catch ya later!
- The Team